What's Keeping Us Awake at Night
Challenges in Talent Management


(MEMBERS ONLY EVENT)


Joi
n us and other HR Professionals this month at Capital Ale House, as we tackle the issue of Talent Management through brainstorming and peer interaction! Although there is no fee to attend you will still need to register.

When: Wednesday, March 16, 2016
5:30 - 7:30 pm

Where: Capital Ale House - Innsbrook
4024-A Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA  23060

Back to Top

Member Spotlight:  Meet Gretchen Flynn Morris

Gretchen Flynn Morris, Richmond SHRM Board Member
Her Day Job:  HRM Program Director and Interim Chair of the Undergraduate HRM Programs at the University of Richmond School of Professional and Continuing Studies.

 
Committee on Which She Volunteers:
  Professional Advancement (Vice President).  She served previously on the Board as Director of Business Partnerships.

Her Favorite Thing About Volunteering: The People! Richmond SHRM attracts high caliber folks who are really interesting.

 Best Movie She's Seen Recently:   I have not seen a lot of movies recently.  The last one I saw was Star Wars and I had to admit it was better than I thought it would be. 

Her Favorite Vacation Spot:  I am
really excited about an upcoming trip to Scotland with my family.

Favorite Richmond Restaurant:  Maya's Mexican Grill.


Back to Top


Top Workplaces Results Are In

The 60 Top Workplaces in Richmond have been named, as part of the third annual Top Workplaces program conducted by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and Workplace Dynamics.

Five companies are finalists for the Sterling Award in each of the mega and large categories, 15 businesses are finalists in the midsize category and 35 firms create the small category.  Click here for the list of companies.


Richmond SHRM and the Richmond Times-Dispatch will honor the 60 companies at the Sterling Workplace Awards event and the top four Sterling companies will be revealed at the Sterling Workplace Awards gala on May 5.


Back to Top

April 21 Chapter Meeting: Is Yours a Network-Oriented Workplace?

Jim Wylde
Contacts Count


Networking is a professional competency needed by almost everyone, at almost every level, in almost every kind of workplace. Research indicates, however, that only 20 percent of employees are networking at their potential. The other 80 percent have beliefs that hold them back. And they lack some very specific relationship-building skills.

Using the 8 Networking Competencies, Jim Wylde will lay the foundation for enhanced organizational communication. Participants will gain the rules and tools of networking, along with state-of-the-art techniques for building the Network-Oriented Workplace™ (The NOW).

When: Thursday, April 21, 2016
From 7:15 AM until 9:15 AM 
Where: Four Points by Sheraton
9901 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, Virginia  23235

Back to Top

Upcoming Events

March 16
April 21
May 5

Brainstorming Session
Open to Members Only

Capital Ale House
Innsbrook

The Network-Oriented Workplace™ (NOW)

Four Points by Sheraton

Sterling Workplace Awards

Modlin Center for the Arts University of Richmond

5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
7:15 am - 9:15 am
5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Register Register Buy Tickets/Table Package

Please do not reply to this e-mail, as this e-mail inbox not monitored.
Richmond SHRM
richmondshrm.org

This communication was sent to '@@email@@' from Richmond SHRM. If you wish to specify the type of communications you receive from us, you can update your email preferences by visiting: @@unsubscribe_url@@