Code of Ethics
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Strive for personal growth in the field of Human Resource Management.
- Support the Association's Goals and Objectives for developing the
- Human Resource Management Profession.
- Encourage my employer to make the fair and equitable treatment of all employees a primary concern.
- Strive to make my employer profitable both in monetary terms and
- through the support and encouragement of effective employment practices.
- Improve public understanding of the role of Human Resource Management.
- Instill in the employees and the public a sense of confidence about the conduct and intentions of my employer.
- Maintain loyalty to my employer and pursue its objective in ways that are consistent with the public interest.
- Uphold all laws and regulations relating to my employer's activities.
- Refrain from using my official positions, either regular or volunteer, to secure special privilege, gain or benefit for myself.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
This Code of Ethics for members of the Richmond SHRM is adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and professional standards among its members. Adherence to this code is required for membership in the Association and serves to assure public confidence in the integrity and service of Human Resource Management Professionals.