Mission | Vision | Purpose
Our mission is to provide leadership and support for the growth and development of the human resources profession. This should be accomplished by:
- Identifying and addressing both current and potential issues confronting the human resources profession;
- Promoting the chapter image as a major professional organization in the community;
- Encouraging professional development through chapter-sponsored programs, workshops, publications, conferences, etc.;
- Encouraging members' participation by seeking their opinions and involvement in chapter activities;
- Identifying individuals capable of and committed to achieving the chapter's mission to serve as members of the Board of Directors.
Richmond SHRM serves its members by:
- Providing a wide range of educational programming and activities that allow members to develop expertise in the functional areas of Human Resource Management;
- Fostering increase awareness and understanding of the Human Resource profession throughout the business community and the general public;
- Encouraging the highest standards of integrity through our Code of Ethics;
- Providing a regular forum for members to meet and exchange information in addressing current human resource issues.